I celebrated my kid’s third anniversary yesterday. Even though her birthday is not until this Tuesday Nov 5, we took advantage of the weekend to celebrate with all her friends Saturday and the family on Sunday.
Hosting a party, especially birthday parties, correction…especially my own birthday parties it’s stressful. Or at least to me.
The party favours
Hello?!, the cost of everything!
For almost every single detail about this party I was mostly worried about the kids’ opinions (first timer over here). In particular, the food. I know kids can be picky and I also know if it was up to them they’d live on candy. I was about to avoid that, that wasn’t going to be in my party.
That made it hard on the food menu. I changed my mind like a dozen times, because it either involved a lot of time, ability or patience to make it, or it could potentially be costly if opted to pay for someone to make it. Either or, some of those menus did not seem like a reasonable option for me or my pocket.
At the end I decided to make Mac and Cheese. The veredict: the kids ate it, and I was happy.
MAC & CHEESE
- 500 gr Shell pasta
- 2 pre-cut wieners
- 500 mL Antonella’s Cheese sauce (ready-to-serve)
- Parmesan cheese to top
- Like any Mac & Cheese recipes, the pasta is boiled as instructed in the packaging. Drain and place on a bowl or container. Set aside.
- I tested the ready-to-use Antonella’s Cheese sauce to save me the time of making the salsa myself. I have to say I found it very tasty and creamy. So, I poured one of this containers over the pasta.
- I also added the pieces of wieners and mixed them all to get everything evenly coated with the sauce.
- Since I had some fresh parmesan cheese I used some on top. And voila!