I decided to make a big batch of 4 Cheeses Lasagna in order to rescue us from the fast-food lane. Thankfully, my family didn't mind eating the same thing for dinner for a couple of nights in a row. This allows me to make a big batch of a favourite meal and pre-package to be ready at dinner.
I find this recipe so fulfilling without meat. I confess the picture doesn't make any justice to the flavours of this, but trust me, it's de.li.cious.
Slow Cooker 4 Cheeses Lasagna
1 lb soft tofu, drained
1 container (15 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese, drained
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup light soy milk or 1% milk
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp sea salt
2 pkg (10 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 cup shredded Pecorino cheese
1/2 cup shredded low-fat Gouda cheese
1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
4 cups marinara souce
1 pkg (8 oz) lasagna noodles
1. Place tofu, ricotta, sugar, soy milk garlic, lemon juice, basil, and salt in a bowl and mix.
2. Squeeze spinach dry, then stir into the mixture. Combine remaining cheeses in a small blow and set aside. Optional: This recipe works well with kale if not spinach available.
3. Cover bottom of 5 quart or larger slow cooker with 1 cup marinara sauce. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles, breaking gently to fit bottom of cooker if necessary and 1/3 of the tofu-spinach mixture.
4. Top with 1/3 of the cheese mixture
5. And top again with 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers twice more, ending with sauce.
6. Cover. Cook on low 4 to 6 hours, or until noodles are soft. Serve with extra sauce if desired.
And there you have it, the meal that saved me this past week. Do you have a go-to big batch recipe?